With a population of over 55,000, Ramona has been one of the fastest growing, and is the largest unincorporated area in San Diego County.
Ramona Community Garden
(11th & San Vicente)
Ramona, CA 92065
The area was first inhabited by the Diegueno Indians thousands of years ago, with first contact with white men thought to be in 1775, with Spanish soldiers. Read and learn more about Ramona’s history on the Ramona Chamber of Commerce web site, www.ramonachamber.com, the Town Hall site at www.ramonatownhall.com and at the site for the Guy B. Woodward Museum – Ramona Pioneer Historical Society at www.woodwardmuseum.org.
- The nation’s only camel dairy, Oasis Camel Dairy with tours and featured in 2010 on Dirty Jobs with Mike Rower, at www.cameldairy.com
- The Ramona Country Fair featuring carnival games, rides, beer and wine gardens, animals, and entertainment. https://ramonachamber.com/ramona-country-fair/
- Hawk Watch, each Saturday in January & February at the Ramona Grasslands, www.wildlife-research.org
- A blossoming wine industry, with the 89,000 acre wine grape growing area officially designated by the Federal government as an A.V.A. in 2006, www.ramonavalleyvineyards.org
- An Annual Open Art Studio Tour, www.zhibit.org/ramonaart
- Ramona Grasslands Preserve, over 5000 acres – Many rare animals and plants make their homes in this area http://www.sdparks.org/content/sdparks/en/park-pages/RamonaGrasslands.html